Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Vintage Lips


Smith's Rosebud Salve is an amazing little balm that has been around since 1892 and finally pattened in the U.S. in 1908. It's made here, in the good old USA...I mention this because it makes people like my mother very happy:) This little 0.8 oz. pod packs some major punch, so don't let its size fool ya. Rosebud Salve is not fancy or foo foo and it's packaging has not changed since the 60's. To me that says a lot about a product when it can hold up over the years unchanged and still be loved by so many, years later. Rosebud Salve contains cotton seed oil, aromol, and essential oils blended in a petrolatum base. You can get it in several different scents such as: Strawberry, Minted Rose, Brambleberry, Mocha Rose & my favorite, Original. I get mine at Sephora for $6.00 or $7.00. Other fun places you can find Rosebud Salve is Urban Outfitters and Anthropology.
I had always seen this product at Sephora, but never knew much about it...other than it's use as a lip balm. A friend told me to try some of her Rosebud one day, and now years later here I am telling you about this great little product. What I didn't know at the time when I bought it was that it was a multi purpose product - it said on the back, "aids in the relief of chapped skin, diaper rash, blemishes, burns, and rough cuticles, and it softens rough hands." Ok, so I have tried it on a multitude of things but not for blemishes or diaper rash...but, I'm sure it would do the trick, LOL!!! I have my Rosebud Salve right by my bed so I can use it every night on my lips and cuticles. I hope you enjoy this product as much as I do!
XX~Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment